Saturday, 31 October 2009

Little Legs first Halloween costume? Tomato and Tuna Pasta



Who needs pumpkin costumes? Give Little Legs a hefty portion of tomato and tuna pasta and she'll dress herself. She did quite a good job of making the kitchen look like a house of horrors too.

I made the tomato sauce myself. Just a basic one, garlic and onion fried together till soft, add a pinch of mixed herbs, a tin of tomatoes and some tomato puree and you're away. Again, a good one for the freezer.

Add the sauce to some tuna and the pasta, mix well and pass to baby. Wait for the fun to begin. This isn't for the faint hearted.

Any pasta will do by the way.I used penne but fusili is probably a bit easier for baby to hold on to. I had no choice in using penne. M decided to do his first shop of the year and reminded me of the true reason I don't let him do it. He's an advertisers dream. "Pasta was on special offer" he told me, unloading ten huge bags of the stuff from the car. With a best before date of May 2010 Little Legs better get munching.

No comments:

Post a Comment