Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Make Tuesdays a "Do a job you hate" day

I'm going to make Tuesday an offical "Do a job you hate day". The fact that I've made it Tuesday has nothing to do with the fact that its a whole 6 days till it comes round again. Tuesday just seems a good non descript day to do it, a day which is usually devoid of invites to drink coffee and eat cake with the girls. Not sure why that is. Maybe because everyone is already doing the jobs they hate. Who knows? Will make a note to ask them.

There's so many of these jobs but I seem to have an excuse every time the perfect opportunity arises for me to do them.

Me: I'll do them when I finish work before I have the baby
Excuse when time arrives: Way too fat

Me: I'll do them when Little legs is with her grandparents
Excuse when time arrives: But I never get to enjoy a Starbucks in peace!

Me: I'll do them during the week sometime
Excuse when time arrives: Sunday's the best day for jobs like these

Me: I'll do them on Sunday
Excuse when time arrives: Work on the Sabbath? Moi?

And so it goes on. So what are these jobs? It would be painful to mention them all but here's a select few:

1) Clean all the nooks and crannies of Little leg's highchair carefully, not a cursory wipe with a Flash cloth
2) Clean the ensuite properly. That room's way too small to manoeuvre but not really a good enough excuse to avoid it completely
3)Clean windows inside. The fact that the window cleaner cleans the outside 4 times a year is just not good enough.
4) Clear out the airing cupboard. I don't have a clue what's stashed in there anymore. Enough said
5) Clean the oven. The fact that oven cleaner stinks and may upset Little Legs is again not a good enough excuse. Doors and windows to kitchen do open.
6) Clear wardrobe of all items that I honestly don't wear anymore. The good the bad and the ugly.
7) Wash curtains. Does anyone actually do this?
8) Clear freezer of all food that's so freezer scorched its almost burning
9) Oh god, that reminds me of another one. Clean fridge. My friend gets something in her fridge which she calls 'fridge wee'. Now I know what she means.
10) Rid ironing basket of all items that I hate ironing hence they have sat there since circa 2001.

I am way too depressed to write anymore. I'm starting Tuesday. Will update you as to success. Alternatively, will post excuses.

If you fancy joining me post your jobs and successes/failures here. If by some stroke of genius you manage to get someone else to do the job for you then let me know that as well.

2 comments:

  1. Ah the dreaded oven cleaning. I recommend Ecover's power cleaner (it doesn't burn your eyes and throat as much the others and you don't need to wear minging rubber gloves - nuff said!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thanks for the tip will give that one a try (if I get round to cleaning the oven that is!)

    ReplyDelete