Saturday, 24 October 2009

Mum's new haircut

Slightly off topic I know but did you know that in a survey conducted by a well known Baby & Toddler Club, 56 per cent of the respondents said that a trip to the hairdresser was the most popular beauty treat after becoming a mum – even beating a long, luxurious soak in the bath.

Count me in that 56 per cent. Yep I went and did it and had my hair all chopped off. Its official title is a "long bob" but if I call it that I have to contend with the fact that all the celebrities were getting that done last year. So I'm a year behind the times. Who cares? I'll call mine a Mum bob instead. In theory its going to be easier to manage but am beginning to doubt that after I've used the GHDs three times already this morning to curl those rebellious bits under. Headache.

I got my hair cut hoping that would be the inspiration I needed to lose the rest of the baby weight. It hasn't worked. To celebrate new hair do I used up some more of the babysitting credits I've been storing up with M and went out for a bottle of wine or two with my friend. I couldn't stay in with a brand new haircut and Little looked suitably unimpressed so thought I would unleash it on the general public. To celebrate use of babysitting credits and the fact that I still had my wine drinking skills I then had a pizza. Whilst eating it I justified my troughing with the thought that it was all in the name of Little legs and baby led weaning as she could have any leftovers the next day. But there wasn't any leftovers, the salt content was way too high for legs so I did her another favour and ate the lot. Lush.