Saturday, 7 November 2009

Baby Led Weaning - Mystic Pizza


I made homemade pizza yesterday. Actually, I'm not sure you can call it homemade with a shop bought base but I think its a fairly close call.
Anyway I topped a pizza for Little Legs with 3 tablespoons of passata spread over the base, grated mild English Cheddar and some nice pieces of ham. I sprinkled some oregano over the top and a drizzle of olive oil. Get me. In the oven at 200 degrees for 10 mins and hey presto.

I decided to share the pizza with Little Legs in my never ending quest to lose some poundage. I gave her three slices and I tucked into the crusts. (The sacrifices we make!) I looked up from my plate (I'm fairly tunnel vision when it comes to food) and realised the three slices had disappeared. When I say disappeared, I mean disappeared. Not mushed up somewhere, not stuffed down the side of the highchair, not hiding in the folds of the curtains. Gone. The dog was nowhere in sight so I couldn't blame her. All I could see was Little Legs, her face smeared with tomato sauce and a stringy bit of cheese hanging out of her mouth.

One of two things is now going to happen. I'm either going to discover the whereabouts of the pizza within a nappy, or there's going to be a stink of cheese from the vicinity of the highchair. I'm not sure yet which way its going to go.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy..I would have eaten it too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee. I only got the burnt crusts! Just had a look at your blog. Its great. Welcome to mine! x

    ReplyDelete