Saturday, 28 November 2009

A letter to my hangover

Hangover,

As much as I hate you I seem to be spending quite a lot of time with you lately. This morning however I am particularly cross with you. Last night I had a night out with the girls. You knew it was happening and you also knew that I had been looking forward to it for a long time. You also knew that M had taken a few hours off work this morning just to help me avoid seeing you for a few hours. I think it was actually my first lie in in seven months. But you couldn't wait could you? You pounced on me at six thirty am and gave me a raging thirst and a banging head. Thanks. You've now decided to stay all day despite me trying desperately to make you feel as unwelcome as possible. You and Little Legs do not make good companions. Please leave.

Yours crossly,

Me x (Actually scrub that kiss, you don't deserve it)

4 comments:

  1. unwelcome house guests, they just can't take a hint, can they? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, sounds like you need a day of crap telly snuggled under a duvet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather and Make do Mum you are both totally right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo nasty! I hate hangovers but can't remember the last time I had one! I've only ever had one with a kid and it was accompanied by the winter vomiting bug which hubby had too! So needless to say I went off the drink! My hangover prevention tho is a pint of water and 2 paracetmol before bed. Works almost every time!

    ReplyDelete