Friday, 6 November 2009

The Sleepy Feed

Little Legs,

The time is nearly upon us when we'll cut out your 10pm "sleepy feed" as we call it. Maybe we should have done it by now, who knows? Now you're well away on solids though the time has nearly come. So I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how much we'll miss that time.

Every day you're changing and growing so fast. I'm so proud of you. You're learning so many new things now that you'd rather be exploring everything and everyone rather than sitting with me and getting cuddles. But that is as it should be and for me this means letting go a little bit.

You won't know this but when 10pm comes, me and your Dad race to see who can run upstairs to your room the quickest. We usually collapse laughing at the top of the stairs, trying to compose ourselves so we don't wake you up. But when I win I relish those quiet times with you, in your dimly lit nursery.

I smell your hair and skin and watch your beautiful little face. This is the moment when I steal cuddles and rather than wriggle away trying to explore anything close, you snuggle into my neck and your little fingers nip the skin on my neck as you sleep. I could hold you close like that forever, my precious little girl.

Last night we tried to miss your sleepy feed out but you woke in the early hours looking for a feed. Maybe, just maybe, you don't want to leave this time behind yet either.

Love Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment