Friday, 18 December 2009

A watched baby never crawls

I am absolutely desperate for Little Legs to crawl. Yes I know I'll need eyes in the back of my head as well as on both sides and I know she'll run me ragged but I'm still desperate. You see I'm back at work in three weeks time (I have tried to write a post about that a few times now but I just end up in tears) and I just don't want to miss it. I don't know how I'll cope if I do.

She's so close and I think even she can sense it as she's so frustrated with herself. She's up on her knees and rocking, sometimes she manages a little jump forward with both legs like a little frog and she's a whizz at crawling backwards. She just can't get her head around the coordination needed to go forwards.

I'm getting quite obsessed now. At every opportunity I'm encouraging her to get up on her knees. I even get down on all fours next to her showing her what she needs to do but its just not happening. Today my desperation reached a new low and I opened one of her Christmas presents with her. M went mad. Its a little snail which rolls along the floor playing a little tune. If that doesn't get her moving I thought to myself, nothing will. Well it didn't. It just rolled along the floor singing its little ditty and Little Legs didn't even bat an eyelid.

So Little Legs this is my plea to you. Mummy would love to be there when you first crawl sweetheart. I think it will break her heart if she misses it.

Twenty three days and counting.........

10 comments:

  1. That bought back memories of only a few months ago when I was waiting for Oli to crawl!! I don't know who got more frustrated him or me!
    I'm sure she'll do it within three weeks!
    C'mon Little Legs!! Crawl for Mummy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i really hope she does too, my little boy has been doing the rocking thing for a while but then slumps on to his belly and does a sort of commando crawl thing, but he did crawl properly for the first time last week so 3 weeks is definatly possible. keeping everything crossed for you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it must be frustrating. Maybe she's saving it for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will definitely happen when you're not looking LOL it always does. I think she is saving it for Xmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fingers crossed. that time just before crawling seems like an age, I remember it well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh come on little legs. I missed Ben's first crawl when he was a baby (he crawled for Daddy but not me) and apparently Ciaran managed a little shuffly crawl a few months ago (fluke).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I remember that so well. Come on Little Legs - get moving lady. Here's hoping she gives you an extra special christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your comments! Well we definitely have progress. She's now pushing off one knee trying to go forward. Maybe she is saving it for Christmas day after all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is she walking ....? I felt the frustration for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Diney. No crawling yet but I'm still hopeful with 10 days left to go.

    ReplyDelete