Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Baby you can drive my car

I had a very surreal experience the other day.

Picture the scene. I was driving along in my little Toyota Yaris with Little Legs sat in the back seat babbling away when I heard another car beep at me. I looked around thinking it was probably someone I knew but no one in the passing cars was paying any attention to me. I realised I wasn't doing anything wrong because I was on a long straight road and although I'm a bad driver I'm not that bad.

Anyway, it went quiet again so I tootled along a bit further and then I heard it again. Oh god I thought, there must be something wrong with my car. I pulled into a bus stop (naughty I know) and checked all around the car expecting to see a flat tyre or smoke billowing out of the exhaust pipe. Nothing.

Perplexed I got back into my car and continued my journey. Then it started again. By now I was really cross, ***! ?.**! ***!! I started screaming, looking around for the culprit.

It was in that moment that I caught sight of my cheeky little daughter in the rear view mirror. She was grinning at me. Sitting there grinning. In her hands was her little pink steering wheel complete with a realistic sounding horn. Darn it!

13 comments:

  1. I was just about to switch my pc off to go and watch Desperate housewives when I saw your new post and had a quick read - so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheeky monkey! Like you my driving skills aren't the best so I'd immediately assume I'd done something wrong too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the pink one from ELC? Toddler had the "boys" one, which did confuse me a few times LOL! Now when I'm driving it's Mummy a red light, stop, Mummy Go GO GOOOOOOO!! Faster Mummy! ARGH!! Bring back the noisy horn anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diney - I love that programme. Hope commenting here didn't make you miss any!
    Young Mummy - pleased I'm not the only one and Modern Mother she most certainly has!
    Laura yes the very same. They're hilarious. Hadn't thought about the proper back seat driving which is still to come. Oh no!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hilarious! Don't give her any toy police cars to play with, will you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Just don't give her a toy mobile phone. It'll drive you bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip. I'll bear that one in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny! I hope you had a good chuckle! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did. But she had me a bit flummoxed at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious!!! Isn't it funny when they catch us off guard like that. Great story.

    ReplyDelete