Sunday, 3 January 2010

The day has arrived..

The most important news of all is that Little Legs is crawling. She's slow and steady but she's definitely away. SO EXCITED! I'm sure the novelty will wear off as she destroys my house but for the meantime I am enjoying this special moment in my daughters development.

She was eight months old on Christmas Day and she seems to be growing so fast now. She's down to three bottles a day and is well away on her solids. I've started to give her her breakfast milk in a beaker so the ever dwindling need for bottles to be washed and sterilised is great but it's definitely making me realise that my baby is growing up. Don't get me wrong I'm incredibly proud of her achievements, it just all seems to be happening so quickly.

The second important bit of news is the launch of my new website - www.hatsmybaby.co.uk - Funky hats for Funky babies. Its taken a lot of hard work and lots more to come but I'm quite proud of what I've achieved and I'm keeping everything crossed for success. The business really was inspired by Little Legs and its something that I never thought I would be able to achieve but small acorns and all that.I feel scared, nervous, excited, intimidated all at the same time but Little Legs has given me enough perspective to realise that if things don't work out I still have my family, the most precious thing in my world.

Here's to a healthy and happy 2010.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both things!! I'm really happy to hear LL has started crawling.

    I've had a quick look at the shop and it looks fantastic. Such a good selection. My favourite has to be the panda one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the crawling and the website. The site looks fab, good luck with your venture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Little Legs!
    Had a squizz at the site - you've done an excellent job, hope it all goes well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eorhild, Ang and Make do Mum thank you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! On both pieces of news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting that Little Legs is crawling! A whole new world for her now. Good luck with your new website, hope it works out well for you. I've posted your lamb burgers recipe on Mother Knows Best today - hope that's okay! Your spanish omlette one got a lot of views. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Emily Happy New Year to you too. No problem about the recipe its great that you're able to use them. Thanks so much for the links x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurray for Little Legs - whoop whoop! Great news! I've tagged you over at mine! HCM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news - well done Little Legs and here's to continued success in the business in 2010. I have tagged you over at mine. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.annabelkarmel.com/community/general-food-drink-discussion/10007-rusk-teething-biscuit-recipe-request.html

    I got the rusk recipe from here. I made them slightly smaller than suggested so they are much harder but still seemed quite popular. (And the first quantity is incorrect, I think it should be about 220g (ish))

    Hope LL likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done to little legs! and her mum too for the launch of her website...It's great when you see them get going but sad at the same time as they start taking their very first steps away from you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Eoforhild and Northside Mum lovely to meet you. Have had a sneaky peek and left a commet over at yours. I know what you mean, its lovely and a little bit sad all at the same time x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news about little legs! And good luck with your new venture - will take a peek x

    ReplyDelete