Wednesday, 6 January 2010

High five

Hot Cross Mum and Very Bored Housewife, two very kind ladies have tagged me with the high five meme. So here goes with my highlights of 2009 and check below to see if you've been tagged.

1) The birth of my beautiful daughter, Little Legs has been the biggest highlight of my life, nevermind 2009. Nothing prepared me for the overwhelming love I felt when I held her for the first time. I found the first few weeks (ok, twelve) really really hard but I got there. Every day she amazes me and I am so proud of her and my little family.

2)My first wedding anniversary was lovely. It was incredibly special to think back to our perfect day remembering that Little Legs was there with us. A tiny little bean in my belly but there all the same (sorry Nana but the dates do kind of give it away!)

3) Creating my blog is definitely up there. Over the last few months it has become an outlet for my hopes and dreams, fears and worries and sometimes just a place to share special moments. I love writing my blog, and I love being a part of this wonderful community and I love the fact I have a record of memories to look back on. I never ever thought anyone would read my blog let alone take the time to comment and I love discovering new blogs which can make me laugh, or cry, or sometimes both at the same time.

4) The inspiration Little Legs gave us to set up our own little online shop. It's early days and who knows whats in store (apart from a load of baby hats) but we are proud of our youngest "baby" and working side by side with my husband has been a pleasure.

5)Our first Christmas as a family. Christmas has always been a special time of year but it begins to lose its sparkle as you get a bit older. Little Legs has given us back our Christmas spirit in bucketloads. Santa Claus really does exist you know.

Well that's it from me. I really hope 2010 is another belter. Happy New Year everyone and to my 5 newest readers, thanks for following and you're tagged. Sorry if you've already had the pleasure:

Mummy Mania
Hearth-Mother
Northside Mum
In Monkeys shadow
Eoforhild

7 comments:

  1. thank you! always lovely to be appreciated! Now I'm off to highlight my highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag, and I am completely with you on 3 and 5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you from me too although, novice that I am, I have spent the last 10 minutes trying to work out what I'm meant to do next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're all very welcome. In Monkey's shadow the meme means you have to write a post of your highlights of 2009 and then tag 5 other people to do the same. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable site you have!! And I love the title. Just found you on mummy mania. You come highly recommended on several sites actually. I'm also a blogging mom, from the US though. I love the list of your highlights from this year. I too felt like starting my own blog was one of the highlights of mine. It is so amazing to connect with other moms out there and know that we are all going through the same experiences, no matter where we are in the world. I'm going to follow you now!! I'll look forward to reading more from you. Here's my blog if you want to take a peek:

    http://organicmotherhoodwithcoolwhip.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naomi and welcome to my blog. I'll nip over to yours and take a sneaky peek. Thanks for the link and thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I've been tagged. Yay!! I shall do that now.

    ReplyDelete